Letter From the Pastor
New Year Prayer
Lord God Almighty,
I understand that I am unable to do anything without your help,
so I ask you to enable me by your grace to fulfill your will.
Give me grace to do whatever brings most glory and honor to you,
pleasure and profit to me,
and life and love to others.
Help me to number my days,
spending my time wisely,
living my life with all my might while I still have breath.
Humble me in the knowledge that I am chief of sinners;
when I hear of the sins of others,
help me to not look upon them with pride,
but to look upon myself with shame,
confessing my own sins to you.
When I go through difficulties and trials,
remind me of the pains of hell
from which you have already delivered me.
Place people in my path who need my help,
and give me a compassionate and generous spirit.
Fill my heart with such love
that I would never do anything out of a spirit of revenge.
Session Update and Financials
December Session Update
- As we finalize the new website, church members are asked to submit pictures of events,
especially those with people in them. These will be posted onto the new site soon.
- We closed out 2018 in a strong financial position. Appreciation is extended to the
congregation for their generous stewardship.
- Rev. Casto-Waters will be participating in the ordination service for his daughter Ella at
First Presbyterian Church, Greer, on Sunday January 13th. Rev. Jim Caprell, Chaplain at the
Clinton Presbyterian Community, will lead us in worship that day.
Financial Update as of November 30, 2018
January Usher Duty
- January 6: Callaway Alford, Henry Polston, Terry Terawaki
- January 13: Cynthia Bridges and Jim Fraley
- January 20: Bob McMichael, Carole Sanders, and Jim Bleiler
- January 27: Russ Sanders and Nancy Biggerstaff
- Covenant Presbyterian Church
- Shelly Akers
- Alexis Bezilla (friend of the Bleilers)
- Kathryn Clark
- David and Catherine Dedmon
- June Garren (Cathy Baldwin’s Mom)
- Zeverly Glenn
- Taylor Goode (M) (Bleilers’ Son)
- Rev. Charles Hall (Eddie Hall’s Dad)
- Mary Harris
- Jay Jeter
- Sandra McKinney
- Thad Strickland
- Charles and Miriam Turner
- Remember our shut-ins
- Families who have lost loved ones
- Our President and officials in Washington
- World Peace
(M) Indicated Military
- Due to last month’s snow storm, the Choir Cantata has been rescheduled to January
6th during 11:00 worship. With a mixture of readings, prayers, and song, we will hear
again the Christmas message from the Annunciation through Epiphany. Make plans
now to attend this special worship service.
- Covenant’s Small Group will meet at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 13th at the home
of Anne and Paul McChesney, 314 Holly Drive. Our theme will be getting a great start
to our new year. All are welcome to join us for food, fellowship, and thoughtful