Letter from the Pastor
Words cannot adequately express my deep gratitude for you all. The kindness you have shown me throughout this transition time, the kind words at the reception on May 19, and the gifts, cards, and notes have been overwhelming. As I read through them, I gave great thanks to God for all of you.
As we are now in the final process of moving, we are finding ourselves simultaneously excited and sad. We are sad to be leaving our home for the last 19 years. Sad to be leaving friends, community, and family. At the same time, we are excited about what lies ahead. Excited about the new thing that God is doing in our lives. Excited about new calls, new communities, and new opportunities.
Several of you have asked what my plans are. I have been in touch with the Presbytery and several congregations in the Ft Myers area. I am hopeful that a call will become open that matches my gifts and the congregation’s needs, as well as our family schedule. There are some promising positions, and I thank you for your support and encouragement in that process.
I look forward to hearing more about how God is at work here at Covenant. The new and exciting things that God is doing in your midst. The ways in which you are being faithful to God’s call upon you in this new path forward filled with new opportunities. I will also try to keep you updated on us as I am able.
For now, know that you are special to me. And I am grateful for the brief time that I had to serve as your pastor.
Grace and Peace to you all.
- The Keenagers will continue to go places over the summer. Tuesday, June 18, they will go to the Lake Lure Flower Bridge. Please give ideas of places you would like to go to Ann Cole.
- Covenant’s Small Group will meet Sunday, June 9th at 5:00 p.m. at the home of Anne and Paul McChesney, 314 Holly Drive. All are welcome to join us for food, fellowship,
and thoughtful conversation.
- Jane Frost, from Second Presbyterian Church, has invited everyone to Second Presbyterian’s VBS on June 16-19. Dinner will be at 5:30 p.m. with the VBS to follow. If you are
interested in attending, please contact Keely Curtis (704) 300 – 0528 or email email@example.com to register.
- On June 2nd, we welcome back Rev. Amos Workman to Covenant.
January Usher Duty
- June 2: Cynthia Bridges and Jim Fraley
- June 9: Bob McMichael, Carole Sanders and Jim Bleiler
- June 16: Russ Sanders and Nancy Biggerstaff
- June 23: Callaway Alford, Henry Polston and Terry Terawaki
- June 30: Cynthia Bridges and Jim Fraley
- Covenant Presbyterian Church
- Shelly Akers
- Cathy Baldwin
- Joan Barnhardt
- Alexis Bezilla (friend of the Bleilers)
- Ann Campbell
- Chip Cecil (Ronnie Meeks’ friend)
- Kathryn Clark
- David and Catherine Dedmon
- Gia Ellenburg (Ann Granger’s Daughter)
- June Garren (Cathy Baldwin’s Mom)
- Zeverly Glenn
- Taylor Goode (M) (Bleilers’ Son)
- Rev. Charles Hall (Eddie Hall’s Dad)
- Mary Harris
- Jay Jeter
- Jeff Phillips (Cynthia Bridges’ Brother)
- Sandra McKinney
- Dave Starkey (friend of Bleilers)
- Thad and Elaine Strickland
- Charles and Miriam Turner
- Remember our shut-ins
- Families who have lost loved ones
- Our President and officials in Washington
- World Peace
(M) Indicated Military